The Oldham Rugby League Heritage trust was formed by a group of Oldham Rugby League Club supporters who first came together in 1995 to discuss those players to be inducted into the club’s Hall of Fame.
At the time it was realised that that in and around the town there were a number of people who owned items such as representative caps, medals and other important items of memorabilia won by and presented to Oldham players and officials down the years, some of whom wished to donate those items to the ‘Hall of Fame’.
To protect the ownership of this collection and at the same time ensure that it was kept available for generations of Oldhamers to come, the trust was formed.
As a result of the trust’s endeavours the people of Oldham now have access to one of the finest collections of rugby club memorabilia and historical information in the world.
This painting depicts the first match at Watersheddings which was played in 1889 vs. Swinton. Oldham wore their trademark red & white hooped shirts for the first time
View our galleries of team, squad and player photographs
It is with great sadness that the Heritage Trust heard the news that one of our former coaches, Mick Coates, has died suddenly at the age of 61 after being taken ill while out riding his bike in Mossley.
The Infirmary Cup (Law Cup) was first contested between Oldham and Rochdale Hornets in May 1921. The trophy was donated by the Rochdale MP, the Right Hon A. J. Law with the proceeds of the match being given over to the infirmaries in the two towns.